H2S Alive (Energy Safety Canada/ENFORM)
Safety Evolution holds a memorandum of understanding with Energy Safety Canada to deliver ESC programs.
Learn to work safely in and around hydrogen sulphide (H2S) environments.DESIGNED FORAny worker who may be exposed to H2S.TOPICS INCLUDE
- H2S Properties, Health Hazards and Locations
- Hazard Assesment and Control
- Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Detection of H2S
- Initial Response Strategy
· participants must be able to put on a mask and breathe under air
· Participants must be able to participate in rescue drag techniques
· Basic literacy and understanding in the language the course is being taught
Breathing under air:
Taking a breath under air is mandatory for students.
Students must have a basic understanding in the language the safety critical course is being taught. As the industry standard in Canada and recognized around the world, students will learn how to work safely in and around hydrogen sulphide (H2S) environments and receive a 3 year certificate.
All workers in the petroleum industry who could be exposed to hydrogen sulphide H2S.
· H2S properties, Health Hazards and Locations - Including worker exposure limits
· Hazard Assessment and Control - Including H2S case studies
· Respiratory Protective Equipment - Including Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
· Detection of H2S - Gas detection demonstrations with various detection devices
Initial Response Strategy - 7 steps; including 4 rescue techniques and case studies
|Starts||March 04, 2020 - 8:30 am|
|Ends||March 04, 2020 - 5:00 pm|
|Location||Safety Evolution - MAIN LOCATION - 114 MAIN STREET|